The Hub 2020-2022 Renewal and Message to SSGG.

lokkerman

May 16, 2020, 8:03:14 AM5/16/20
to SurroundSound
First of all in these strange times, please let me wish all SSGGers and Hubbers and there families and loved ones , all the very best. I do hope you are all coping well.

Secondly I would like to summarise the last two years with great thanks  to all that supported me when I had my heart surgery, a year ago. My how time flies. There is also a tinge of sadness as last year our dear Aart; Eye-of-Horus (EoH) passed away. His up-mixes are emmortal, perhaps some are essential, but thanks to the hub, most of his work has been preserved for posterity.

Thirdly, I would like to thanks all the hubbers that have contributed already, you all know who you are, which has already made this years renewal process a lot easier.

Finally for the ones I have missed, it is hub renewal time and I would appreciate if any of you, could contribute 10E/$/£ (via paypal to the address below) to the upkeep of the hub which is hosted externally. For any of you that are unfamiliar with the hub, it is our own private repository, where we store and archive our own collection of surround and Hi-Res material. It is a locked down members only platform bit like an interactive cloud store. The subscription is something I introduced some years ago, so the costs were spread amongst members, it has proved beneficial as we still have the hosted service ten years on.

Because of events, mostly due to folk's habits changing over time, I will now start to rationalise the membership and for those that are obviously, not involved any more, I will be closing down the account. If you have any concerns please contact me. if you are enquring about membership, please do the same ( we require a small spreadsheet to be filled in for your onw security reasons). For paypal, it's all the same address: lokk...@gmail.com.

Thanks for being great buddies and I look forward to another two years of your support. Not forgetting that you all need to keep well and healthy, with which I wish you the very best.

regards
Lokks

manxminx

May 22, 2020, 7:35:34 AM5/22/20
to SurroundSound

Just paid. I don't use the Hub very much anymore, but it's an amazing resource and has provided me with many many hours of wonderful music. Thank you :)

Ali.

Phil Steeples

May 22, 2020, 7:37:28 AM5/22/20
to SurroundSound
Ali
Very grateful as it keeps things going, sometimes it totally amazes me what's in there.
Thanks again
VBR
Phil

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 12:35 PM manxminx <kr...@mcb.net> wrote:

Just paid. I don't use the Hub very much anymore, but it's an amazing resource and has provided me with many many hours of wonderful music. Thank you :)

Ali.

Marty Burton

May 22, 2020, 11:51:16 AM5/22/20
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
Just paid also, I'm not a technical wizard by any means but I sure do love the multichannel files I find on here. Keep up the good work

Rockpile (Marty Burton)

Jan Bakker

May 23, 2020, 6:03:33 AM5/23/20
to SurroundSound

Op zaterdag 16 mei 2020 14:03:14 UTC+2 schreef lokkerman:
Didn't know about your surgery, good to hear you're doing allright!! I also just paid €10,- for the hub. Thanks for everything you do and especially for keeping multchannel alive!!!

citysoundman

May 23, 2020, 8:17:57 AM5/23/20
to SurroundSound
Contribution sent!

William Croson

May 30, 2020, 8:36:05 AM5/30/20
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
Contribution sent also. Not been on the hub much in the last several months as I'm having house renovations, but happy to contribute to keeping it running.

Thank you.

Neil MacDonald

Jul 27, 2020, 12:27:50 PM7/27/20
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
Hi - just paid also.  Just hashed > 3TB of surround files and hoping that when I get the connection up and running that you will find something of interest.

Cheers - Neil

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 12:35 PM manxminx <kr...@mcb.net> wrote:

Just paid. I don't use the Hub very much anymore, but it's an amazing resource and has provided me with many many hours of wonderful music. Thank you :)

Ali.

Dave57679

Jul 28, 2020, 6:37:55 PM7/28/20
to SurroundSound
Not 100% where this message will end up, don't use google forums, but hopefully you'll find it!

I've just pinged across some dosh to help keep the hub up and running, it has been a long time since I logged on as I have been making some significant life changes (my love for audio has not faded mind).

Thank you for keeping such amazing archives alive, and to all those that support it.

Kind regards,
Dave

lokkerman

Jul 28, 2020, 9:48:13 PM7/28/20
to SurroundSound

> Kind regards,
> Dave

Thanks Dave; Lokks

Stephen Disney

Aug 16, 2020, 5:40:23 PM8/16/20
to surrou...@googlegroups.com
Paypal sent.

LennonCobain

Oct 13, 2020, 10:53:03 AM10/13/20
to SurroundSound
I just sent payment via PayPal.  By the way, is the Hub down today?  I am unable to connect.

Paul Garfunkel

Oct 13, 2020, 11:39:46 AM10/13/20
to SurroundSound
I'm pretty sure I've taken care of it. But please remind me if I owe anything.

I have been off here for a bit I must admit as I've been telecommuting for my day job and they cannot keep connected to the hub for security reasons.

I will be back in better times but keep the home fires burning.

Paul

Phil Steeples

Oct 13, 2020, 12:32:00 PM10/13/20
to SurroundSound
Thanks and yes it looks like it was down it appears it's back up again. Usually happens around patch Tuesday

W Rat

Jan 29, 2021, 11:18:45 AM1/29/21
to SurroundSound
would like to join hub?