Shishi

Moti Dichne

Sep 1, 2023, 3:05:26 AM9/1/23
to Sumo Newsletter2
And how is Ukrainian Shishi from Juryo coping? He trained at home yesterday against the heya's underlings. 14 bouts,  probably won them all but no mention of results. However, after the keiko he took on three lower rankers for butsugari, with him doing the hitting. 20 straight butsugari which is a lot, totally gasping for air afterwards. "Sumo, tano shishi desu" he said gleefully punning on his shikona, meaning to say "Sumo,, tanoshiidesu" which means," Sumo is fun", which ultimately was "Sumo is Shishi-fun!" Clever. He was training very seriously during the jungyo. "I got to train with all sorts of opponents and that was good. I am aiming for a kachikoshi in Aki and shall gambarize!!" he summed.

20230901s00005000054000p_view[1].jpg