Kotonowaka

Moti Dichne

Nov 9, 2022, 12:00:54 PM11/9/22
to Sumo Newsletter2
Maegashira 1  Kotonowaka trained at the Fukuoka lodgings of Sadogatake beya today. He is currently in second place (46) after Wakatakakage (49) with most wins in the calendar year. "There's not much I can do about that, as it is not entirely up to me. I'll just take the bouts a day at a time," he said. He faced Kotoshouhou and Kotoekou and was showing good form, 21-3. "Not only the number of bouts matter -  I want to do worthwhile training. It would be good if I could do that. My body is moving well. I want to be a bit more precise," he said. He showed a lot of oshizumo today, showing he is becoming more and more versatile. Yesterday, the boys went out to the beach for some fishing and caught a few, then cooked them. "I am very good at eating. I impatiently waited for them to return .." said the non-fisherman Kotonowaka