Kyokai joint training sessions

Moti Dichne

Apr 21, 2022, 9:55:55 AM4/21/22
to Sumo Newsletter2
The Kyokai  joint keiko (will last four days) has started today.16 sekitori took part including new Juryo Tochimaru for a session that lasted an hour. Takayasu was there as well and faced Tamawashi, Ounoshou Kiribayama and others for 12 bouts, winning 10. "My aim was to do as many bouts as I could  giving it my all in order to build my fitness" he said. "I'm glad to be able to do this before the basho. I'll do my best to participate in all four days . " he said. "I'm looking forward o the basho. The important thing for me is to make the many fans who plan to arrive happy with my sumo for all 15 days." he summed.
Komusubi Houshouryuu was there as well, facing Kiribayama and Tamawashi, going 5-6."It was the first day so I was checking what's what and I'm good. More days to come so i want to do good keiko.," he said. "I am more confident after last basho. I want to see what shape I'm in at present during these sessions. I will do my best so that I will be able to give it my 100%!" he declared. No Ozeki or Yokozuna were spotted. no wakatakakage either.