Kirishima, Wakamotoharu

Moti Dichne

Sep 1, 2023, 2:19:03 AM9/1/23
to Sumo Newsletter2
Kadoban Ozeki  Kirishima came to Tokitsukaze beya for some degeiko today. 15 bouts, won them all, against the likes of Wakamotoharu, Shoudai, and Tokihayate. He showed all sorts of tachiais and was seeing his opponents well.  Some hearty throws seen as well. His body seemed to be reacting well and he looked satisfied. "The usual keiko for me," he said. Tomorrow, the YDC soken, open to the public. "I just hope to do sumo with no injuries," he added.
202309010000369-w500_0[1].jpg

As reported above Sekiwake Wakamotoharu also went to Tokitsukaze beya for degeiko today, facing Kirishima, Shoudai and Juryo Tokihayate for 16 bouts. He lost all seven bouts against Kirishima. "The Ozeki sure is strong. If I can't keep up with him I'll be going nowhere..," he said.  "My body is moving well, though. I will surely be doing some sumo tomorrow at the soken, but I would like to observe others and learn from them as well.." he summed.

202309010000368-w500_1[1].jpg