Miyagino rikishi and Oyakata move to Isegahama beya

Moti Dichne

Apr 8, 2024, 2:49:50 AMApr 8
to Sumo Newsletter2
Everyone from Miyagino-beya  has more or less settled in at Isegahama beya and had their first joint training today. Some 40 rikishi including Yokozuna Terunofuji trained for more than four and a half hours enthusiastically and the atmosphere was good, it is being reported. Miyagino Oyakata (ex-Hakuhou) himself donned a  mawashi and did some hands on coaching. The session was held behind closed doors."Everyone was practicing intensely. We started a half an hour earlier than usual today, but I think it was not enough," said Isegahama Oyakata. "As for Miyagino oyakata, he does have 45 yushos under his belt so we surely will benefit from his experience. I hope all this will make the rikishi stronger, " he added.