Kadoban Ozeki Shoudai

Moti Dichne

Jun 14, 2022, 4:57:52 AM6/14/22
to Sumo Newsletter2
4th time kadoban Shoudai trained at home today, facing visitor Nishikigi and others, going 6-5. "It's better to face new a type of opponent in training rather than face the same guys over and over again. To sum last basho up, I couldn't do my own sumo at all for the entire 15 days. Now, I'm thinking about swift attacks after the tachiai and not letting my opponents do their own sumo, " he explained. He weighed 175 kilos when he won the yusho in September, but now, he weighs 162.3 kilos. "I'd like to gain some weight if I can.. I'm eating a lot of take away jiro ramen. I intend not only to increase my weight, but to increase the number of bouts in training as well as I prepare for the basho, " he quipped.

With Nishikigi:

202206140000497-w500_0[1].jpg