Enhou and ex-Kotoshougiku

Moti Dichne

May 23, 2023, 2:23:38 AM5/23/23
to Sumo Newsletter2

Enhou is out of the basho with a serious neck injury, needing three months to heal. "He injured it during the jungyo a few months ago and it has worsened," said Miyagino Oyakata. Chiyonokuni is out as well, both of them 0-9 till today. Chiyonokuni has bad knees and will drop to Makushita , which probably means we will hear of his retirement soon. In Makuuchi, Kotoshouhou (1-8) is out as well.

Hidenoyama Oyakata (ex- Kotoshougiku)  has announced that he will be establishing a new heya sometime next year. "I'm giving it my all towards this end and hope to bring up rikishi who will be outstanding in and out of the ring," he said.