Asanoyama, Houshouryuu

Moti Dichne

Sep 1, 2023, 2:40:45 AM9/1/23
to Sumo Newsletter2

New Ozeki Houshouryuu trained at home yesterday against Meisei, 8-1. "As you saw, I did some good sumo, right? The buzz around me? Rising on the banzuke, I still face the same  opponents. I'm not paying any attention to that.  I am a bit tired after the jungyo and all the training. Still, there is no need for me to change my training regimen. That may lead to injuries.." he said..

20230831-OHT1I51264-L[1].jpg

Asanoyama still troubled with his toe injury he suffered at the jungyo. He only did some light training yesterday but intends to enter the basho. "I can't get a good grip on the dohyo with my toe. It still hurts a bit. It sucks that I got injured on the last day of jungyo and in my hometown..It was so swollen I couldn't see the blood vessels," he said. The swelling has subsided in the meantime . The soken tomorrow? "I'll tape it heavily and try to do some sumo.. Not much time left so I better get a move on.. " he explained.

20230831-OHT1I51255-L[1].jpg