Shoudai trains

Moti Dichne

Dec 16, 2021, 8:21:48 AM12/16/21
to Sumo Newsletter2
Ozeki  Shoudai started training today, as the heya was under restrictions between the 10th and the 15th of December for Covid prevention reasons. "Now that I can, I'd like to get my body ready by moving it (he did the fundamentals today). It's been a difficult year for me. I feel I'm fighting an uphill battle. I just need some more fighting spirit.. My spirit was absolutely lacking," he said. His only double-digit win basho last year was last January with 11. He actually barely managed kachikoshis and even had a straight 7-8 makekoshi in March. "I feel my body has lost its sharpness compared to last year. I've also lost about 10 kilos. I'm looking for a chance to get my body back into the shape it was before..That would be good. I haven't been able to yusho since becoming Ozeki, so i best be preparing myself with getting the yusho in mind," he summed.