Training news- Takakeishou, Gounoyama, Shoudai

Moti Dichne

Nov 7, 2023, 2:01:18 AM11/7/23
to Sumo Newsletter2
"He injured the neck when we got to Kyushu. Since the basho is close, there is no use in doing excessive stuff. I want him to be ready for day one," explained Tokiwayama Oyakata regarding Takakeishou's absence from the training session yesterday.

Shoudai is getting ready for the new basho, which is a hometown basho. "This basho is always the one I'm aware of.. I'd like to turn the support I get into power, and face the new year ranked at Sanyaku.," he said. He faced degeiko-ing Nishikigi and others for 13 bouts yesterday and was showing good footwork  Nishikigi, going 5-10 at Komusubi last basho: "I was weak is all..From here on, avoiding injuries, I will be aiming for kachikoshi," he summed.

Gounoyama, who belongs to the Dewanoumi Ichimon, went to train at the the Nishonoseki Ichimon aligned training session (rengo keiko), regardless. "I told my Oyakata that I wished to go for degeiko, and was told it was a good idea to go to the rengo keiko. It was good to be able to face many sekitori," he said. "I want to face my opponents not feeling like a challenger but feeling I will properly win"" declared the Maegashira 4 hope.