Hokuseihou gets the virus

Moti Dichne

Sep 1, 2021, 3:44:59 AM9/1/21
to Sumo Newsletter2
New Juryo giant and Hakuhou's recruit Hokuseihou has been found positive for the virus.  "Other rikishi? We'll wait for tomorrow's test results. As for Hakuhou, I don't know if he's been around the heya lately.. If he has been, he's a target for testing.  Regarding Hokuseihou and his entering Aki, I don't know if he has any symptoms or what his exact situation is but there is a chance he won't be ready. He may be able to enter mid-basho - it all depends on his situation. If others are afflicted, we may have ourselves a serious situation.  Miyagino beya sat out January because of the virus. We'll have to see how many will be sick and decide for Aki," said Shibatayama.