Houshouryuu שמג Shoudai

Moti Dichne

Nov 10, 2022, 3:14:59 PM11/10/22
to Sumo Newsletter2
Sekiwake Houshouryuu trained at home today, 17 bouts. 13 of them against Meisei, going 7-6. It was a fierce session and when they fell together at some point he demanded to know who won.. When he was told he had lost he said "aah, sh*t.."
"We both take our training seriously. If you don't go all out in training you can't do well during a basho. I've established myself in sanyaku and I think I had a good year but it still isn't over.. I want it to end well so it would really be a good year, " he said.

Kadoban for the 5th time Ozeki Shoudai trained at home today, facing Makushita and under mates and going 10-2. "Everything as usual. I hope to face the coming basho in good form. The kadoban status does not influence my preparations.  I am going all out.. " he said. The winter jungyo will be visiting his home town. "I hope to greet the fans with a smile, since I tend to frown when I lose.." he summed.