Wakatakakage trains at home

Moti Dichne

Oct 19, 2022, 5:04:12 AM10/19/22
to Sumo Newsletter2
Eight sekitori had a massive training session at Arashio beya, home of the Onami brothers. Wakatakakage, seeking an Ozeki run, faced the likes of Houshouryuu and was 13-3. "I did not count the wins /losses. I just wanted to properly do my own sumo. I was able to train well with many rikishi from different heyas. Present were Houshouryuu, Meisei, Takanoshou, Nishikigi and Ounoshou on degeiko and Wakatakakage, Wakamotoharu and Juryo Koutokuzan. The atmosphere had a basho-like seriousness and Wakatakakage stood out with his come- from- under sumo. He even had eight straight wins at some point and had the most bouts among the sekitori, 16. "I can say that my body is moving well to some degree.. I want to properly train ahead of day 1 of the basho," he said. The 11-4 last basho puts him at a good starting position for another promotion. "The next basho is important. It's more a mental issue for me. I don't want to lose mentally and that is how I will be facing day 1," he summed.

202210190000324-w1300_10[1].jpg