Enhou

Moti Dichne

Aug 23, 2021, 2:33:50 PM8/23/21
to Sumo Newsletter2

Enhou faced Ounoshou and others today at the Kyokai Kokugikan Keiko. "My body is so-so..  I'm checking out if I can do any keiko." he said later. He lost 11 bouts last basho. "It's not only last basho-this last year I haven't been doing well. It feels like I'm fighting knowing I need to change something while trying to figure out what that is.." he added. He says he has improved his diet and his training regimen. "I tried it last basho and managed not to lose weight. I was able to maintain my diet for all 15 days*. Proteins, tomato juice, and sweet sake.." he said. He served as Hakuhou's tsukebito last basho, a rare occurrence for a sekitori, and in doing so was able to get close up and observe. "It's not only that I wanted to be his tsukebito- I had a lot of thoughts, but I managed to regain that feeling of innocence I had when i was starting out, " he explained. He hopes to return to Makuuchi soon. "First, I need to train against strong opponents - the most important thing is to experience it first-hand. I want to do what I did today tomorrow as well and gambarize!" he declared.

* and went 4-11, but I'm not judging..