Daieishou

Moti Dichne

Aug 20, 2023, 6:15:59 PM8/20/23
to Sumo Newsletter2
Daieishou was on  an Ozeki run last basho but seemed to have crumbled in the end. It now has come to light that on his bout against Wakamotoharu on day 13 he broke a rib, and fought the last two days with the injury. He was kyujo from the current jungyo as well, as the injury persisted and at times he had difficulty walking. Now he's back in the jungyo, although he is going about it very carefully. "There still is some pain. My trainer aid it could easily deteriorate if I'm not careful, so I am not going to take any unnecessary  risks, " he said. His MRI showed some internal bleeding as well. He still can't do any sumo but is hopeful he'll be ready for September.