Ex-Ichinojou danpatsushiki

Moti Dichne

Nov 4, 2023, 6:46:58 PM11/4/23
to Sumo Newsletter2
Ichinojou is having his danpatsushiki (retirement ceremony) at a local hotel on February 11th, he told reporters in his first interview since he retired. “It’s a private function so I’m not sure my former Oyakata or my heyamates will come. I do hope some of my Mongolian rikishi and Oyakata friends will, though.. I still don’t know how many people will be participating, but it will be open to the public and will start at 5pm. I hope members of the general public would do some cutting as well. It is Sunday and the next day is a holiday so people can come from far and wide..” he said. Since it will not be held at the Kokugikan , we will never get to see him in a mawashi again. Minato Oyakata responded to a phone call. “Really? This is the first I’ve heard of it. We are corresponding only through lawyers . Will I be going? How can I go if I’m not invited?” he mused.