Kyokai joint session news-day 3, Takakeishou

Moti Dichne

Oct 28, 2021, 8:48:21 AM10/28/21
to Sumo Newsletter2
New Juryo Hiradoumi arrived at the joint today and is aiming for the Juryo yusho. He faced the likes of Ishiura, Azumaryuu ands Nishikigi. "I was able to do forward-movinbg sumo and that was good.  I was moving surprisingly well.  ( Heyamate Sadanoumi comes behind him and tells him to say he is aiming for the yusho..)  First, uh, I think that  I need to get my kachikoshi so I need to train even more to that end.  Well, OK, I will gambarize and aim for the yusho!!" he then declared.  He is training hard with heyamates Myougiryuu and Sadanoumi. "I will gambarize and aim for the yusho!" he reiterated after the session.

Ozeki Takakeishou trained at the heya today, fundamentals. He escaped demotion last basho. Getting demoted from Ozeki means you don't have what it takes to be an Ozeki. I'm thinking that's something I shouldn't be worried about..  After the four losses at the beginning of last basho I wasn't too worried. I just wanted to face it a day at a time. People around me were talking but inside I knew what I had to do. I just gave it may all day by day. After I got my kachikoshi  I stopped and ended with eight wins, which is not good. I cannot make do with eight wins.  From that perspective, it was not a good basho," he added.