Training news- Shoudai and Takakeishou

Moti Dichne

Oct 27, 2022, 1:53:33 AM10/27/22
to Sumo Newsletter2
Kadoban Ozeki Shoudai trained at home today, hosting visitors Hokutofuji, Nishikigi, and others going 8-4. Two of the younger rikishi were chattering loudly. "If you want to talk, do it outside, " ordered Shoudai calmly. The rest of the session continued in silence. "I don't usually say stuff to the young rikishi and I don't intend to pursue this matter with them any more as I don't like to get involved like that. I just wanted to tell them that if they talk to each other, they should do it where they won't be seen, not near the dohyo," explained Shoudai. There was a feeling that this incident may cause some demoralization amongst the lower rankers, but after the session Shoudai was seen talking to them as usual, so no worries, says the reporter.

Ozeki Takakeishou has been training at Takekuma beya, ex-Goueidou's heya. "It's great to prepare in a different atmosphere. He is a revered elder. It's not only the training, I've learned a lot of things non- sumo related as well.." he said. Today, he trained at home. "If possible, I'd like to get another yusho this time to end the year on a high note.." he hoped.