Miyagino beya scandal decision - aftermath of Hokuseihou bullying

Moti Dichne

Mar 28, 2024, 6:14:40 AMMar 28
to Sumo Newsletter2
The Kyokai decided  today that all Miyagino rikishi and the Oyakata will move to Isegahama beya. Sadogatake Oyakata, the new PR man, says this:

`I received a report from Asakayama Oyakata (ex- KaioU) the representative of Isegahama Ichimon, that from April onwards, all members of  Miyagino-beya will be "looked after" by Isegahama beya. The Miyagino rikishi will mount the dohyo as Isegahama beya rikishi, so there will be no matches between rikishi from both heya for the time being. This move is so that Miyagino Oyakata (ex-Hakuhou)  can be educated on how to run a heya and what the responsibilities of a Shisho and an oyakata are.. Asakayama and Isegahama are assuming responsibility for the heya. We don't know for how long, but both Oyakata will be providing us with progress reports after every basho. I think bringing everyone over to one place instead of splitting them up as was initially suggested is truly the best way to go for the rikishis' and the Oyakata's future. It was all done carefully step by step. It's not like we've been punishing them again and again, heavy or light. I hope after receiving some guidance from Isegahama Oyakata, Miyagino beya will flourish again!"