Petrel2 and Linux

Linus Malmgren

Apr 17, 2016, 1:30:52 PM4/17/16
to Subsurface Divelog
Hi,
I'm having trouble downloading dives from my Shearwater Petrel 2. Subsurface is closed down after pressing download to get the divelist. If i run subsurface from command line i get this output:

<<My translation>>
Completed connection with cloud storage backend, response "[OK]"
qt.bluetooth.bluez: Bluez 5 detected.
qt.bluetooth.bluez: Creating QtBluezDiscoveryManager
qt.bluetooth.bluez: Discovered:  "00:13:43:0C:52:0A" "Petrel" Num UUIDs 0 total device 0 cached RSSI 0 Class 0
qt.bluetooth.bluez: Updating RSSI for "00:13:43:0C:52:0A" QVariant(short, -64)
qt.bluetooth.bluez: void QBluetoothDeviceDiscoveryAgentPrivate::stop()
qt.bluetooth.bluez: void QBluetoothSocketPrivate::_q_readNotify() 25 error: -1 "Resursen tillfälligt otillgänglig" <<Resource temporary unavalible>>
Connection on channel 1 failed. Trying on channel number 5.
Segmenteringsfel (minnesutskrift skapad) <<Seg.fault (memory dump created)>>

I'm running 4.5.5 on Ubuntu 15.10 (4.2.0-35-generic). Problem first occured on version 4.5.4 but then subsurface froze insted of just crashing.

I tried download using rfcomm but the divecomputer just keeps getting some angry red letters saying something like TX error.

Dirk Hohndel

Apr 17, 2016, 1:39:16 PM4/17/16
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
How full is the battery on that Petrel 2? Mine has a very hard time with BT connections if I'm on a 1.5V Alkaline battery that isn't almost new. I don't usually have these problems when I have a SAFT LiPo installed...

/D

Miika Turkia

Apr 17, 2016, 1:45:38 PM4/17/16
to Subsurface Divelog
Any change you could send the core dump? Looks like one is created on the crash and that might show where the problem lies.

Linus Malmgren

Linus Malmgren

Apr 17, 2016, 2:37:33 PM4/17/16
to Subsurface Divelog