Synching manual inputs with later downloads from computer

Christof Schernus

Aug 6, 2022, 7:06:10 AM8/6/22
to Subsurface Divelog
Since I am travelling without my laptop but with iPad and iPhone, there is no way of downloading the dives from my Nemo Wide using the cable. Can I enter dive characteristics like weights, tank, location and buddies with the mobile version and have the desktop version synching that information with the profiles and other data downloaded from the dive computer later on?
Thanks for making this software available. It is the best logbook software compatible with my Nemo Wide thatI have come across!

Jason Bramwell

Aug 6, 2022, 2:07:34 PM8/6/22
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com

In the mobile app you can add a dive manually, what I’m not sure about is what exactly will happen when you download from the computer, I think the computer dive will show up as a duplicate to the manually entered dive. It should be a fairly trivial matter to copy/paste information from the manually added dive to the downloaded dive but it’s an extra step you might not want to do.

As an alternative, you could just use a notes app and write your dive descriptions, with location and gas in and out and copy/paste that onto the downloaded dives once you get home, this is probably the simplest but crudest way.

Jason

Sent from Mail for Windows

Dirk Hohndel

Aug 6, 2022, 5:06:59 PM8/6/22
to Subsurface Divelog
If you get the dive time and duration "close enough", the dives will be merged - and generally Subsurface does a good job at making sure no data is lost.

/D

On Aug 6, 2022, at 11:07 AM, Jason wrote:

In the mobile app you can add a dive manually, what I’m not sure about is what exactly will happen when you download from the computer, I think the computer dive will show up as a duplicate to the manually entered dive. It should be a fairly trivial matter to copy/paste information from the manually added dive to the downloaded dive but it’s an extra step you might not want to do.

As an alternative, you could just use a notes app and write your dive descriptions, with location and gas in and out and copy/paste that onto the downloaded dives once you get home, this is probably the simplest but crudest way.

Christof Schernus

Aug 8, 2022, 2:40:08 PM8/8/22
to Subsurface Divelog
Thanks Dirk and JB2Cool. I will give it a try picking the characteristics from the computer display (date, time, max. depth, duration, etc.), enter it in the mobile app, and then see how well it synchronises and report here.

Christof