Sending festive thanks to all the developers (the 12 thanks for Christmas)

JB2Cool

Dec 24, 2021, 10:53:08 AM12/24/21
to Subsurface Divelog
I think I said it last year and I'll say it again now.

  • Thank you to everyone behind Subsurface, it's a wonderful project and I know it's used far and wide.
  • Thank you to all the translators enabling this to be used by a wide variety of users across the globe.
  • Thank you for adding support for new dive computers keeping Subsurface up-to-date and current.
  • Thank you for squashing bugs as and when they are found.
  • Thank you for adding features where they are sensible (new statistics feature).
  • Thank you for holding back on adding features where this would just bloat the project and cause unnecessary distractions.
  • Thank you for documenting the software, I know this is often a thankless task.
  • Thank you for supporting users who use Subsurface where they are technically challenged.
  • Thank you for providing the cloud hosting enabling multi-device synchronisation.
  • Thank you for being a friendly bunch and engaging with new users that need a bit of help to get going with support.
  • Thanks you to Linus for originally starting this project.
  • Lastly thank you especially to Dirk for doing the lion's share of the support.
Best wishes to everyone
Jason

rick.warren4

Dec 24, 2021, 4:07:24 PM12/24/21
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
Indeed. It is my favorite dive log software and I even had a few of the commercial versions and found them to not be as useful to me as Subsurface.

It is a great application and I can not thank the developers enough.

Dirk special thanks to you for all you do plus keeping the platform up and running.

Best wishes,
Rick

Dirk Hohndel

Dec 25, 2021, 12:55:01 AM12/25/21
to Subsurface Divelog, Subsurface Mailing List
Thank you both for the kind words.

I will be traveling for a week (and may even get a couple of dives in) - I will try to respond from the trip, but this is first and foremost a family trip, so things might stay unanswered until next year.

Best wishes to everyone!

/D

Steve Strong

Jan 3, 2022, 5:35:15 AM1/3/22
to Subsurface Divelog
I will whole heartily second that as well... Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Sol

Jan 9, 2022, 4:21:42 PM1/9/22
to Subsurface Divelog
Thirded.