Data in OAI-PMH in a standard format

mohan pradhan

May 19, 2021, 8:14:29 AM5/19/21
to subjec...@googlegroups.com
Are you providing SubjectsPlus metadata e.g. with OAI-PMH in a standard format?

Regards,

Mohan Raj Pradhan
Training Coordinator
VuFind Software

Andrew Darby

May 26, 2021, 10:11:48 AM5/26/21
to subjec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohan,

The quick answer is:  No.  I think this is something we could do, although we'd have to sit down and figure it out . . . .

Is this to facilitate ingest into VuFind?

Andrew

Andrew Darby

May 26, 2021, 10:14:32 AM5/26/21
to subjec...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, wait, I see that we did have something from about 5 years ago . . .

Not sure if this is still functional . . .

Andrew

mohan pradhan

May 26, 2021, 12:57:34 PM5/26/21
to subjec...@googlegroups.com, Demian Katz
Hello Darby,

Yes, our purpose is to harvest data into VuFind. Currently, we are pulling data through API to WordPress and through web.xml we are displaying data to VuFind. But we want oai-pmh being enabled so that it can be directly harvested data from so to VuFind. Can you help us with this?

Regards

Mohan Raj Pradhan
Training Coordinator
VuFind Software

charlesbr...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2021, 3:44:56 PM6/1/21
to SubjectsPlus
Hello,

SubjectsPlus has an OAI component.

The code is located at:
/oai/oai.php
and
/lib/SubjectsPlus/Control/OAI/

There are 6 verbs
Identify, ListSets, ListRecords, ListMetadataFormats, GetRecord, ListRecords,records.

if you go to your subjectplus base url and then /oai/oai.php?verb=ListRecords you should see an xml file

However, you'll notice that puts out an error because there is a record that has single and double quotes which can't be processed by xsltprocessor v.1

Perhaps you can debug that.

If you view source on that page you should see the following:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<OAI-PMH xmlns="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/ http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/OAI-PMH.xsd">

<responseDate>2021-06-01T15:37:18-04:00</responseDate>

<request verb="ListRecords">http:https://sp.library.miami.edu/oai/oai.php</request>

<ListRecords><record xmlns:oai_dc="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">

<header>

<identifier>63</identifier>

<datestamp>2021-06-01</datestamp>

</header>

<metadata>

<oai_dc:dc xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/ http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc.xsd">

<dc:title>Special Collections</dc:title>

<dc:creator>Cristina Favretto</dc:creator>

<dc:date>2018-07-30 19:30:00</dc:date>

<dc:format>text/html</dc:format>

<dc:language>English</dc:language>

<dc:publisher>University of Miami Libraries</dc:publisher>

<dc:type>InteractiveResource</dc:type>

<dc:description/>

<dc:identifier>http:https://sp.library.miami.edu/subjects/guide.php?id=63</dc:identifier>

</oai_dc:dc>

</metadata>

</record>

<record xmlns:oai_dc="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">

<header>

<identifier>73</identifier>

<datestamp>2021-06-01</datestamp>

</header>

<metadata>

<oai_dc:dc xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/ http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc.xsd">

<dc:title>Public Relations</dc:title>

<dc:creator>Terri Robar</dc:creator>

<dc:date>2020-03-23 16:13:41</dc:date>

<dc:format>text/html</dc:format>

<dc:language>English</dc:language>

<dc:publisher>University of Miami Libraries</dc:publisher>

<dc:type>InteractiveResource</dc:type>

<dc:description/>

<dc:identifier>http:https://sp.library.miami.edu/subjects/guide.php?id=73</dc:identifier>

</oai_dc:dc>