Error while creating the user

abidfak...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2021, 5:04:54 AM12/28/21
to SubjectsPlus
Dear team,

I trying to create the user but it is not creating.
When I check in the mysql table Staff that is not showing any user that I trying to create.
It only creating in staff_department table with staff id and department id but when i checked in the staff table there it is not showing any new user.

Kindly help me on this....

Thanks,
Abid Fakhre Alam

Andrew Darby

Jan 3, 2022, 10:22:15 AM1/3/22
to subjec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Abid,

Sorry for the delay (holiday season here!) and that you are having problems.  Can you tell us what version of SubjectsPlus you are using, as well as your version of PHP and MySQL?  We just tested on a fresh install, and did not encounter this issue.  It seems like your MySQL insert didn't work.

Andrew

Abid Fakhre Alam

Jan 4, 2022, 4:12:41 AM1/4/22
to subjec...@googlegroups.com
SubjectsPlus - 4.3
Mysql - 5.7
PHP - 7.2
Actually, I customized the page staff.php
On that page, I removed the option like A to Z, Subject Librarian A-Z, Librarian by Subject Specialty, and Faculty Profile only the access By Department work for this I comment the few lines code in StaffDisplay.php such as line 216 (case "Faculty Profile":) to 286 ($items .= "</table>";) ; 371 (case "Subject Librarians A-Z") to  608 ($item .="</table>";  break; })
Is that happen because of these things?

One more help.
Is there any way how to add the publisher field in %SubjectsPlus URL%/control/records/record.php (admin Interface file) and databases.php (User-Interface file)? What files should we edit to add the publisher field?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SubjectsPlus" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/subjectsplus/CANSKv%2BuFG-_jcgRkH1VKnhe5vjh1g-fDzK9N8736j7%3DOeE0tyw%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Best regards,
Abid Fakhre Alam

Andrew Darby

Jan 4, 2022, 9:59:34 AM1/4/22
to subjec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Abid,

For your queries, the problem could be that you are running v4.3 with PHP7.  We only upgraded to PHP7 support with the latest (4.6) release: https://github.com/subjectsplus/SubjectsPlus/releases.  I would suggest you try upgrading to that and see if your problem is resolved.  You will, of course, have to make any changes to the public interface again.

As for adding a publisher field, that is certainly possible, but you would need to add a new field to the database and modify a few files.  It would be easy to break something.  The new version of SP--which is a complete rewrite, and not really close to done--should allow you to add custom fields, but in the meantime, could you do something hacky like adding the publisher information to the display notes field?

image.png
That wouldn't look great, it would be like

Database Name
Note:  Publisher: Wiley

Although if you wanted to be super-hacky you could just always use the Display Note field for the publisher, and change the label from "Note:" to "Publisher:" you could go in and modify the text in this line:  https://github.com/subjectsplus/SubjectsPlus/blob/1a0cc409b0df7e17fddd69ac65f5e0d178c971b0/lib/SubjectsPlus/Control/DbHandler.php#L440

and then just start storing the publisher data in the Display Note field.  Not sure I would recommend this, but it could work.

Andrew