Adding Content to a Guide problem

Josip Knezovic

Sep 8, 2020, 8:18:48 AM9/8/20
to SubjectsPlus
After creating and saving a new guide, I click on “Add Content To Your New Guide” and get a blank page.

SubjectsPlus v4.4
Wampserver 3.2.0
Apache 2.4.41
PHP 7.3.12
MySql 8.0.18

Thanks,
Libst20

add content.png

Andrew Darby

Sep 8, 2020, 9:43:13 AM9/8/20
to subjec...@googlegroups.com

Josip Knezovic

Sep 9, 2020, 3:47:47 AM9/9/20
to SubjectsPlus
Hi Andrew,

I already tried with this but result is same.

Josip

Jane Sandberg

Sep 9, 2020, 8:48:24 AM9/9/20
to subjec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josip,

I wonder if you're running into this issue with the rank table in
MySQL 8: https://github.com/subjectsplus/SubjectsPlus/issues/1386

It looks like the screen you were trying to access relies on the rank
table: https://github.com/subjectsplus/SubjectsPlus/blob/master/control/guides/guide.php#L160

We fixed this issue by using MySQL 5.7 instead.

-Jane

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 12:47 AM Josip Knezovic

--
Jane Sandberg
Electronic Resources Librarian

Josip Knezovic

Sep 25, 2020, 8:42:33 AM9/25/20
to SubjectsPlus
Hi Jane,
First,  I would  like to thank you for the solution that solved my problem.
Now there are similar problems when I try to edit a record:

Warning: PDO::query(): SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ', rank.subject_id, title_id, so.source_id, rank_id, description_override, subjec' at line 1 in C:\wamp64\www\sp\lib\SubjectsPlus\Control\Querier.php on line 89

I guess that I should change the queries somewhere in the code again.

I also tried with MySQL version 5.7 but I have problems starting the service.

Josip

Andrew Darby

Sep 25, 2020, 9:54:42 AM9/25/20
to subjec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josip,

So did you try to change the references to the rank table to use backticks rather than scaling down to MySQL 5.7?

Andrew