Re: [sm-users] How can I use StructureMapServiceLocator with CommonServiceLocator?

Ryan Heath

Jun 8, 2021, 1:14:47 PM6/8/21
to structure...@googlegroups.com
Maybe you have already considered it, but why not use the internal container of .net core?
The switch should be verily easy.

// Ryan

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 6:41 PM Kerem <ke...@phonoclick.com> wrote:
I asked from stackoverflow, but I wanted to write it here as well.

We are migrating our project from .net framework to .net5. We have updated the structuremap package like other nuget packages. We couldn't use it with commonservicelocator in the new version.

Can it be used with CommonServiceLocator? Or should it be used in a different way?

pull rebase

Jun 8, 2021, 2:08:54 PM6/8/21
to structure...@googlegroups.com
We are just migrating to .net core. now our project is .net framework.

Jeremy Miller

Jun 8, 2021, 2:08:59 PM6/8/21
to structure...@googlegroups.com
Or use Lamar so you don’t have to rewrite so much code, and not lose out on the considerable amount of functionality that Lamar/StructureMap has that the very minimalist built in container has.

pull rebase

Jun 8, 2021, 2:12:06 PM6/8/21
to structure...@googlegroups.com
@JeremyMiller   I will forward this to the team

Ryan Heath

Jun 8, 2021, 3:41:28 PM6/8/21
to structure...@googlegroups.com
Very true! But the majority is using simple DI stuff, which the OOTB version can handle as good as well

// Ryan

Jeremy D Miller

Jun 8, 2021, 4:31:01 PM6/8/21
to structure...@googlegroups.com
Uh huh, but the built in container doesn’t have Lamar’s diagnostics for when things aren’t simple

Sent from my iPhone

Ryan Heath

Jun 8, 2021, 4:49:43 PM6/8/21
to structure...@googlegroups.com
😀 We could go on for days, but for simple stuff (that most people do)
the builtin diagnostics are (very) good enough.

// Ryan

pull rebase

Jun 8, 2021, 5:06:56 PM6/8/21
to structure...@googlegroups.com