GPF Update

Casey Creamer

Sep 5, 2022, 8:13:02 AM9/5/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info

Hello fellow Stone Bridge Drivers,

Since the Mustang is this year’s Featured Marque for the Grand Prix Festival, I thought you might be interested in this bit of Mustang history compliments of the IMRRC.

https://www.racingarchives.org/blogpost/mustang-prototype-debuts-at-the-glen-in-1962/

Enjoy,

Casey

Robert Lillis

Sep 5, 2022, 8:53:39 AM9/5/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info

FYI

The Northeast Classic Car Museum (www.classiccarmuseum.org) in Norwich is raffling a 1965 Mustang.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Casey Creamer

Sep 7, 2022, 12:03:42 PM9/7/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info

Hello fellow Stone Bridge Drivers,

We have been getting our share of rain in Watkins Glen lately. That is good news because the more rain we get now, the less likely we are to get rain on Friday.

Having said that I want to remind you all that the Grand Prix Festival is a rain and/or shine event. The only thing that will change if it rains is that when you drive past me when I am standing in the middle of Franklin Street urging you to keep up with the car ahead, I might be wearing some sort of rain jacket. Otherwise nothing changes. If anyone decides not to show up for fear of rain, don’t expect any sort of refund. You signed up for a rain or shine event, and as long as we put on the event, we have provided what you paid for whether you show up or not.

If you are worried about rain, I suggest you bring your raincoats and umbrellas. I find that the more that people bring raingear, the less likely it will actually rain. I never show up to race without bringing my set of rain tires. That way, I rarely have to use them.

One more thing. If you are driving with your top down while doing your laps of the Old Course and it starts to rain, do NOT STOP to put up your top. If I catch anyone doing that, they will be removed from the laps. If you just keep going and keep up with the car ahead, you really won’t get wet. But if it worries you that much, put the top up before you start your laps.

Of course as was the case last year, if any brief shower happens to show up, it will most likely happen during the laps of the Sporting Roadster Tour, and of course all of those cars will have their tops down. Go figure. I can tell you that since 1993, we have had very few tiny amounts of rain during our Grand Prix Festival even though we have seen torrential rain either a day or two before or on Saturday or Sunday after.

Either way, all you have to do is keep up with the car ahead, and all will be right with the world.

See you soon,

Casey

Willie Hayes

Sep 7, 2022, 12:37:18 PM9/7/22
to stonebridge...@googlegroups.com, stonebrid...@googlegroups.com
… so… let me see if I have this correct.

                KEEP UP WITH THE CAR AHEAD OF YOU.

… right?

😉

"StratCat Willie" ....helpin' keep the BLUES alive in Upstate New York!

Casey Creamer

Sep 7, 2022, 12:39:31 PM9/7/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com

How perceptive. J

ear...@juno.com

Sep 7, 2022, 12:49:01 PM9/7/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com
My favorite oxi-moron

"observe the speed limit BUT keep up with car ahead of you"

Casey Creamer

Sep 7, 2022, 12:51:48 PM9/7/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com

Notice I said “observe”.

Casey Creamer

Sep 10, 2022, 8:33:01 AM9/10/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info

Hello fellow Stone Bridge Drivers,

Wow, what a great event yesterday! You Stone Bridge Drivers really did your part so well this year. I have been doing this since 1993 and it seems to me that maybe you all kept up even better this year than ever before.

I was really pleased with the lack of gaps that I saw on Franklin Street. Although I did notice one fairly large gap that could have only happened because one car failed to keep up with the car ahead of them. I mean really, if that car had kept up there would have been no way for that train to get between that car and the car ahead. I gave them a hard time about it, but I didn’t throw them out. In fact it turned out that I didn’t have to remove anybody from the laps as a result of their inability to keep up. Most of you just got the job done.

Of course I always count on the Lotuses to be the best at keeping up and the motorcycles also do a great job maybe because they ride in tandem formation so keeping up is just natural for them. Usually the Tour de Marque cars tend to be new to the event so that can be problematic, but I have to say I was pleasantlt surprised by the ability of the Mustangs to get the job done properly. Even the Concours de Elegance cars did better than usual this year.

Maybe it was all the rain on Thursday that got people in the mood on Friday to do a good job of keeping up. The Roadsters also did a great job of keeping up even though they usually do well with that anyway.

I know I put a lot of emphasis on keeping up (really?) but you have no idea of how that one little thing affects how the entire festival runs that day from the beginning of the day to the time that the SVRA cars come down from the track. In fact the SVRA cars always leave the track heading for downtown precisely on time whether we are done with our Stone Bridge Driver laps or not. And your ability to do your part has a seriously direct effect on how that whole schedule works or doesn’t.

Thanks so much to all of you Stone Bridge Drivers for signing up in advance so that we are able to do the necessary planning that then allows you to do such a good job of being the Grand Prix Festival.

Remember if you want to keep up with the Grand Prix Festival ahead of you, there was an Early Bird Registration form in your packet. That gives you all first dibbs for a limited time to sign up for whichever Stone Bridge Driver Event you qualify for before we open registration up to the general public.

See you next year,

Casey

Mike Mazoway

Sep 10, 2022, 2:14:07 PM9/10/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info
Even our 1951 Plymouth was able to keep up on the hill out of town.

Sent from my iPhone

Joe Lucchesi

Sep 10, 2022, 2:20:40 PM9/10/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info
Thanks for doing a great job keeping us up to date, organizing -- everything!!

Joseph L. Lucchesi, Esq.

Lucchesi Law Offices

141 Fall Street

Seneca Falls, New York 13148

(315) 568-5168 - phone

(315) 568-1235 - fax

j...@lucchesilaw.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This email is ONLY for the person(s) named in the message header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is confidential, privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender of the error and delete the message.

Pursuant to IRS Regulations, any tax advice contained in this communication or attachments is not intended to be used and cannot be used for purposes of avoiding penalties imposed by the Internal Revenue Code or promoting, marketing or recommending to another person any tax related matter.

Subject: (SBD News) GPF Update

Hello fellow Stone Bridge Drivers,

Dawn Hoeh

Sep 10, 2022, 2:59:24 PM9/10/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com
As always a great event! Thanks to everyone involved!
Question though.  I was unable to purchase an event t-shirt the correct size. (I waited to long, my bad) is there anyway to purchase one online?
Don

H.Alex Stiles

Sep 10, 2022, 3:00:34 PM9/10/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info
I have to agree, coming over the Stone Bridge they all did great, we had 5 photographers and 2 videographers at many different locations, I think this year we have footage of every car. We shall see. I collected 10,000 (yes that's 3 zero's) raw photo files I have to pour through edit and release. So keep watching and using your QR codes on the front of your packets. The photo gallery's will get filled little by little through the rest of this month. Also view our Facebook page and website for links if QR is lost. Thank you all. And Great job running the show Casey!!

Dennis Culligan

Sep 10, 2022, 3:01:22 PM9/10/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com
What's the Featured Marque for next year?

Kimberly Hardy

Sep 10, 2022, 3:07:00 PM9/10/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info
To Casey, Steve, and all of the event planners:

We had a wonderful day yesterday.  This was our first Watkins Glen Grand Prix Festival.  We were very impressed with the pre information planning, the day of event organization, and the welcoming feel we received before and during the event.  My 90 year old Dad was amazed and moved by the reception his car received.  We appreciate the opportunity to show this car, tell our story, and enjoy all the other cars and enthusiasts who participated yesterday.
Thank you,
Joe and Kim Hardy
(Red Volvo 1972 1800e)

Casey Creamer

Sep 10, 2022, 3:07:44 PM9/10/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com

Corvette.

Sep 11, 2022, 7:39:11 AM9/11/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com
Great time. The BEST time! We were with the roadsters. We were the 3rd car back stuck behind the train. We laughed and laughed! Every thing that happens is an experience. Thanks for organizing the event..

Dario Gonzalez

Sep 11, 2022, 7:07:38 PM9/11/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful as always! We certainly kept up with the car ahead of us and observed the speed limit (signs and where they were situated!).

Willie Hayes

Sep 12, 2022, 6:09:28 AM9/12/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com
Corvette… again

"StratCat Willie" ....helpin' keep the BLUES alive in Upstate New York!

Casey Creamer

Sep 12, 2022, 6:52:01 AM9/12/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info

Sep 12, 2022, 1:24:12 PM9/12/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com
Corvette is celebrating 70 years in 2023.  Y'all know Watkins Glen is the place where the idea for an American Sports Car was conceived, right?!
Zora Arkus-Duntov, John Fitch, and of course Briggs Cunningham, all competed here during the 1948-1952 Grand Prix Races.
Mike 8TY4SPD

Watkins Glen Promotions

Sep 12, 2022, 3:01:16 PM9/12/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com
Dawn- Sorry for the late reply here regarding shirts.

We had much more demand than we anticipated this year, and because of that, sold out fairly quickly.

The current sizes we have, now that all inventory is in one location are:
Blue Event Shirt, Womens: Small, Medium, Large, XL, 2X
Gray Mustang Polo: Small, Medium

We do not do reorders of these due to the fact that it changes yearly.

If anyone is interested in any of these, please call the store, rather than order online, because they won't be on the website. 607-535-3003. Based on our sales today, I'd say the sooner you call, the better.

Thank you so much!

On another note--We at the storefront are still in the process of wrapping up everything from this year's festival, so please be advised that those that have filled out a 2023 application likely will not have that processed for a few more days. Your patience is appreciated!

Michaela

Kimberly Hardy

Robert Lillis

Apr 12, 2023, 1:34:49 PM4/12/23
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com

This looks like is a great event for our cars.

The Vintage & Classic Euro Car Tour & Show will be held in downtown Canandaigua, New York June 10th, 2023.  The event will feature a car show for vintage vehicles manufactured before 1999 from the U.K., Europe, or Japan.  The event will include a tour/drive in which registered vehicles will cruise down historic Main Street Canandaigua, past senior living facilities, and through some of Canandaigua’s beautiful historic neighborhoods before reaching the show field in downtown.  People’s choice awards will be given in several categories as well as for best display and best period dress.  A variety of international food will be available from downtown restaurants and delivered to your table in the Central on Main outdoor dining venue.  This event will also feature music and vintage car and travel related vendors and displays.  Local plein air artists will be available to do original paintings or sketches of your car.  All entries will receive a commemorative dash plaque and welcome packet.  For information or to register go to www.bi...@downtowncanandaigua.com.