Imaging and processing

Jason Keyes

Mar 1, 2023, 12:43:33 AM3/1/23
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Hi SAS friends,

I got a little imaging before all this rain hit, and finally got around to processing it. It was my first real attempt using the color astro cam I got for xmas.

The first image is the Cone and Fox Fur nebula region in Monoceros. It was a bit easier of a target than the second, which is part of the faint Witch Head reflection nebula near Rigel in Orion. It was a tight squeeze for my focal length and probably not the best target choice from the city.

Cone and fox fur: 159 x 180seconds with L-extreme filter
Witch head: 120 x 180sec with L-Pro filter

I used a ZWO asi533mc camera on a William optics z61 scope (360mm FL). Guided on a CGEM with PhD using a QHY-ii guide camera. Stacked in DSS and processed in Photoshop.

Looking forward to getting this camera up to some darker skies this spring and summer.

Clear skies!

Jason Keyes
1ConeNeb_feb2023.jpg
1WitchHeadNeb_feb2023.jpg

bald...@comcast.net

Mar 1, 2023, 10:11:41 AM3/1/23
to stockt...@googlegroups.com

Awesome!!!

John Schimpf

Mar 1, 2023, 11:00:12 AM3/1/23
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful!

Tim Clark

Mar 1, 2023, 11:44:12 AM3/1/23
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Jason- Your astrophotography skills and gear have made a giant leap.
Excellent images! And especially so because you imaged these from town.

Tim

Christie Abbott

Mar 1, 2023, 12:05:33 PM3/1/23
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Amazing photos!  Very nice work!

Christie

On Feb 28, 2023, at 9:43 PM, Jason Keyes <jkey...@gmail.com> wrote:

<1ConeNeb_feb2023.jpg>
<1WitchHeadNeb_feb2023.jpg>

Eric Holland

Mar 1, 2023, 12:54:42 PM3/1/23
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Jason,

Superb images!  I'm hoping to get to your level one day.  Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Eric

Jason Keyes

Mar 1, 2023, 1:55:01 PM3/1/23
to stockt...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everyone! It's a fun process, continuing to learn in this hobby!

Eric, I'm sure with your setup you'll be able to produce images that will be amazing!

Cheers!

Jason

William Litel

Mar 2, 2023, 7:39:05 PM3/2/23