Stgit in Windows

daha...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2017, 8:42:12 AM8/24/17
to StGit (Stacked Git)
Hello. How can I use stgit in Windows?

Peter Grayson

Aug 25, 2017, 9:07:43 AM8/25/17
to daha...@gmail.com, StGit (Stacked Git)
Hi,

I can say that I have run stgit successfully from a Cygwin environment on Windows 7, although I have not used that environment recently. It seems like the WSL environment on Windows 10 would be a good way to use stgit as well.

Are there specific obstacles you are encountering?

Cheers,
Pete

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 7:19 AM, <daha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello. How can I use stgit in Windows?

daha...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2017, 12:07:10 PM8/30/17
to StGit (Stacked Git), daha...@gmail.com
I would like to use msys2 environment on Windows7. But I didn't find pacman packet of stgit.

Also, I have just tried stgit on Cygwin.
But the following error occurs:
Invoking the editor: "editor .stgit-new.txt" ... sh: editor: команда не найдена
stg new: editor failed, exit code: 32512

Help me, please.

пятница, 25 августа 2017 г., 16:07:43 UTC+3 пользователь Peter Grayson написал:
Hi,

I can say that I have run stgit successfully from a Cygwin environment on Windows 7, although I have not used that environment recently. It seems like the WSL environment on Windows 10 would be a good way to use stgit as well.

Are there specific obstacles you are encountering?

Cheers,
Pete

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 7:19 AM, <daha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello. How can I use stgit in Windows?

Peter Grayson

Aug 30, 2017, 12:18:05 PM8/30/17
to daha...@gmail.com, StGit (Stacked Git)
It looks like the environment does not have an editor configured. Try configuring one.

For example: `git config --global core.editor vi`.

You could also set the EDITOR or GIT_EDITOR environment variables.

Cheers,
Pete

daha...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2017, 5:09:07 AM8/31/17