getServers no results for appid\x yet works in "Steam Server Browser"

Hayden Thring

Dec 4, 2017, 12:42:26 AM12/4/17
to Steam Condenser
I have php code which works for eg on appid 10 (cstrike) , yet when i set it to the appid im interested in (505460) i get no results, yet it works in program "Steam Server Browser on hl2master.steampowered.com:27011" (the game is not source based , running unreal engine)

$master = new MasterServer(MasterServer::SOURCE_MASTER_SERVER);
$servers
= $master->getServers(MasterServer.REGION_ALL,"\\appid\\505460");

echo count
($servers);
if(!count($servers))return;

$server
= new SourceServer($servers[0][0], $servers[0][1]);
$server
->initialize();
$serverInfo
= $server->getServerInfo();
echo
"<pre>";
var_dump
( $serverInfo);
echo
"</pre>";

Any suggentions on how i can go debugging this ?

Sebastian Staudt

Dec 4, 2017, 4:21:17 AM12/4/17
to steam-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I gues there’s no need to debug this. An UE game most probably does not use the master servers for Source games.
So you won’t have any luck achieving this with Steam Condenser.

Best regards,
    Sebastian

Hayden Thring

Dec 4, 2017, 3:19:57 PM12/4/17
to Steam Condenser
I got it working, after debugging right through the code and comparing against wireshark intercepts of ss browser, it was just a fricken copy paste mistake where i had taken a C example and not converted it to PHP properly,

Filter:
MasterServer
.REGION_ALL
should be
MasterServer::REGION_ALL

!!!!! no results coz filter was region null... took me hours to work this out... anyway works great now.

Sebastian Staudt

Dec 7, 2017, 3:01:47 PM12/7/17
to steam-c...@googlegroups.com
Good to know, thanks.