updating membership lists

Timothy Stowell

May 24, 2021, 12:51:38 PM5/24/21
to State-Coord@Google
Wondering how many SC / ASCs knew of this site:

It was pointed out to me a few weeks ago.

Tim S.

Karen De Groote

May 24, 2021, 1:17:59 PM5/24/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
Everyone should sign in and get things updated before the 31st. I
know my last update was wrong when I signed in. Nov 2020 versus what
they had listed of May 2019. I honestly hope some of these old ones
are wrong also and thanks to Tim, I will be checking on the ones in
states I have adopted since 2016.

Karen D.
MTGenWeb SC

Mike Peterson

May 24, 2021, 1:20:59 PM5/24/21
to 22-USGW State Coordinators
and at first look it would appear the EC is not getting updates or the website is not getting updated. Probably both but this page does not appear to be in sync with the EC 1st Qtr report to the Advisory Board.
Mike

  Mike Peterson
logousgenweb25.png

Nancy_Janyszeski

May 24, 2021, 1:48:27 PM5/24/21
to 22-USGW State Coordinators
I never saw this page before.  I will check it out.

del_wi...@comcast.net

May 24, 2021, 2:28:33 PM5/24/21
to state...@googlegroups.com

I think that the most important part is that everyone checks out what is showing in their State Membership lists as seen in the Election Committee files by viewing “Oversight”.

https://usgwelections.org/

Instructions on how to use the site and clean things up is here:

https://usgenweb.org/usgwelections/ec-manual/003a-os4all.html

Deloris Williams

NCGenWeb State Coordinator

Pat Asher

May 24, 2021, 5:37:17 PM5/24/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
Mike, The EC IS GETTING UPDATES from many PCs, and the WEBSITE IS getting updated.

1) The status.html page has been updated 3 times since May 1st and was updated several times in the first four months of this year, as updates were submitted. I have added a "Page last updated" line to the Status page, so that can be verified going forward.

2) Many SCs do not wait until we send out a the annual call prior to the election. They update their membership lists as changes occur. Is that what you mean by "the page does not appear to be in sync?" Because the PCs who have taken advantage of their access to Oversight may update every month or two; and the Status page will show (unless I forget to update the Status page) their most recent update, not the previous quarter update date.

3) The Dataset Manager (currently me) has to maintain spreadsheets for several things, including removals and bounces. My Removals spreadsheet shows for the 1st Quarter:
Reported Deaths: 3
Dropped by PC: 18
Dropped for chronic bounces: 2
Dropped by EC during ordered NH SC Election: 1 (due to site not available and no response from email of record)
For a total of 24 who left the project. What doesn't sync?

4) Updates to Oversight come from members (Registrants) as well as Project Coordinators. Do I ever forget to update the Status webpage after processing updates from a PC? Updates in Oversight and updating the website are two different processes. As Karen commented, I missed noting her Nov 2020 update. But it was not intentional and while I try, I'm only human.

Pat Asher
EC DM (& webmaster)

SCnewjersey

May 26, 2021, 3:57:04 PM5/26/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
Actually, no one has ever done a better job than Pat Asher.

Denise

Sent from my iPhone

Norma Hass

May 26, 2021, 7:57:15 PM5/26/21
to State-Coord@Google
Amen! Pat always responded to my emails quickly and completely.

Timothy Stowell

May 27, 2021, 3:39:26 PM5/27/21
to State-Coord@Google
I brought this up as it appeared from the listing that several states hadn't updated their CC list in two or more years.

Are we as SC/ASC teams not being alert to these changes in our coordinator's address changes, even in non-election times?  If not, it seems we do a disservice to our fellow members.

Tim S.

Karen De Groote

May 27, 2021, 6:51:32 PM5/27/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
I agree, Pat has been amazing and put the EC in the best shape it's been in maybe forever!

The reason I pointed out the error was not a criticism to Pat but that we all need to do our jobs and update the records.  Errors included.   It was the first time I had seen this page and I was glad I did as it is our job as SCs to give information to Pat.  If we don't, she does not know!

Karen D

Pat Asher

May 28, 2021, 2:12:11 PM5/28/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to all for the kind words; but I couldn't have done it without the wonderful new software our programmer, Larry Stephens has given us. And without so many of you who have been willing to explore and begin to learn how to use it. I have worked with it for several years now and the many options and features can still confuse me at times.

But I hope those of you who have not tried it yet will do so. You no longer have to ask for, then wait for an EC Rep to send you a spreadsheet. You can check it yourself any time you think about it, and make updates to it at the time a change happens. You can still ask the EC for a spreadsheet, and use the old Update Form to submit changes; but once you try the new Oversight, I think you'll prefer it and (eventually) learn to love it :-)

You'll find the guide for using Oversight at <http://usgenweb.org/usgwelections/ec-manual/003a-os4all.html> All of you were sent your Oversight password when it was first opened to project coordinators, but if you need it again, ask Tina <tsvi...@gmail.com> or me.

Thanks for all you do,
Pat Asher
EC DM

Denise Wells

Jun 1, 2021, 2:16:56 PM6/1/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
I can also vouch for the fact that it is a struggle to get SCs/ASCs to provided their contact information each year.  Why?  I don't know.  It takes 2-3 minutes to forward that information directly to the NC.  And it is a requirement to do so.  Every single year I had to regularly contact people over and over for this information.  Just responding "same as last year" does not fulfill the requirement, at least in my opinion.  And I am aware that Linda had difficulty getting responses.  It really makes things much easier for the NC who already has plenty to do from 9/1 on.

Denise

--
Denise Wells
Advisory Board Representative at Large