Humdrum tutorial at MEC2021

Craig

Jun 11, 2021, 3:38:04 PM6/11/21
to starstarhug
Hello **HUGers,

I will be doing a tutorial on Humdrum at the Music Encoding Conference next month in Alicante, Spain:
The workshop will start out with hands-on use of Verovio Humdrum Viewer, then a short introduction to command-line Humdrum use, and then a presentation of various web interfaces to Humdrum-based digital scores and discussions about how they are implemented.

The conference will be hybrid with the possibility of attending virtually or in person.

-=+Craig

Huron, David

Jun 12, 2021, 11:25:54 AM6/12/21
to stars...@googlegroups.com
Craig,

It would be great if you could post the zoom link when that becomes known.

-David

Jun 13, 2021, 3:49:00 PM6/13/21
to starstarhug
I think the conference organizers would want you to register before they give you a zoom link :-)

Online conference attendance is 15 euros: https://music-encoding.org/conference/2021/register
and the conference schedule is designed to work in the Eastern Daylight timezone (the Humdrum workshop is 9:30am-noon EDT on 19 July).

I will post the slides after the conference.

There could always the the first online **HUG workshop -- perhaps in the early Autumn when people are back at school.

Yu

Jun 14, 2021, 1:11:44 AM6/14/21
to starstarhug
Sorry for being off-topic.

> The workshop will start out with hands-on use of Verovio Humdrum Viewer

I just noticed that the Verovio Humdrum Viewer has some compatibility problems with Firefox 89.0 on Linux:

The scroll bar is dancing! :) Maybe this should be fixed before the workshop.

- Yu

Craig Sapp

Jun 14, 2021, 1:18:54 AM6/14/21
to stars...@googlegroups.com
Hello Yu,

Thanks!   The same problem is happening for me in Firefox in MacOS, so I will track down what is causing the problem (usually I only use Chrome so don't notice Firefox-related bugs).

VHV Bug reports and feature requests are best reported on the VHV issues page at Github:  https://github.com/humdrum-tools/verovio-humdrum-viewer/issues

-=+Craig

This is a message is from the **HUG newgroup.

Craig

Jun 14, 2021, 3:53:18 AM6/14/21
to starstarhug
Hi Yu,

VHV playback should now be working in Firefox:

-=+Craig