[First Project] Edith Wharton's Custom of the Country

Carter Brooking

Nov 10, 2022, 6:33:04 PM11/10/22
to Standard Ebooks
Hi, I'd like to produce Edith Wharton's Custom of the Country as my first book. Any thoughts or concerns?

Thanks, Carter

Vince

Nov 10, 2022, 7:09:15 PM11/10/22
to Standard Ebooks
I’m afraid this has the opposite problem of your first proposal: at 141K words it’s 40% longer than our maximum (100K) for first-time producers. (See the second paragraph under “For Your First Production” on the Wanted Books page.) Its formatting does appear to be pretty straightforward, but it has a couple of issues: an abundant (almost 200) use of <br/>s that will have to be dealt with, and none of the thematic breaks appear to be present in the transcription, and there appear to be quite a number of them.

So, Alex can override, but it’s quite a bit longer than we want for a first-time producer. We’re happy for you to work on it if you want to do something under the 100K limit first, either something from the “For Your First Production” section of the wanted list or something else you have in mind.

Alex Cabal

Nov 11, 2022, 2:05:58 PM11/11/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
I suppose you could give it a shot if you were OK with doing the heavy
lifting of checking carefully against the page scans. As Vince pointed
out, this is is probably more work than it first appears.