Thread Safety

Praveen Kumar

Jul 20, 2020, 7:55:21 PM7/20/20
to sqlalchemy

Confirming some details re: thread safety ( I noticed older posts in this group on the topic... but they're quite old ) --

I'm using version 1.2.7, and can't upgrade. I understand that Connection and Transaction are not threadsafe.

Are Engine and QueuePool ( the default pool ) threadsafe ? Can you please confirm that Engine.execute() is threadsafe ?

Are there any thread-safety issues with any of the other pool classes included in the sqlalchemy.pool module ?

Thanks,

pk

Mike Bayer

Jul 21, 2020, 2:04:50 AM7/21/20
to noreply-spamdigest via sqlalchemy
use of engine.execute(), engine.connect(), as well as the work done by the underlying pool is threadsafe.

Thanks,

pk

--
SQLAlchemy -