Excel export issue

Gian Luca Teodori

Oct 26, 2021, 4:18:32 AM10/26/21
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
Hi everyone,

I've downloaded the latest dev build 127.7 (+ additional libs).

When I launch a script which exports the query result in xlsx, I get this error message:

"Excel 2007 files are not supported because the OOXML libraries for POI are not available.
Make sure the following files from the POI distribution are present in the "ext" sub-directory where sqlworkbench.jar is located."

...even if the POI libs are present in the ext folder.

The same script works as usual with 127 stable release and previous dev build 127.6

Thanks

Gian Luca

Thomas Kellerer

Oct 27, 2021, 2:34:25 AM10/27/21
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
I can't reproduce this (at least on Windows).

How are you starting SQL Workbench? And which operating system are you using?

Thomas Kellerer

Oct 27, 2021, 6:26:49 AM10/27/21
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the additional information.

using java -jar sqlworkbench.jar doesn't use all libraries because I forgot to add a new library for POI in the MANIFEST (which is part of the .jar file)

If you use the provided sqlworkbench.cmd (or sqlwbconsole.cmd) or the .exe launcher then the classpath will be set correctly.

I will fix the MANIFEST definition for the next build. Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Thomas

Gian Luca Teodori

Feb 5, 2022, 3:43:26 AM2/5/22
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
Hi,

I'm testing the new dev build. The issue with excel exporting was fixed in the last stable build, but now it occurred again.

 "Excel 2007 files are not supported because the OOXML libraries for POI are not available.
Make sure the following files from the POI distribution are present in the "ext" sub-directory where sqlworkbench.jar is located."

My configuration:
Windows 10 1909
sqlworkbench started with x64 launcher
Java located in jre subdir (tested with Oracle JDK and Open JDK) in order to override old Java version installed by admin

Thomas Kellerer

Feb 5, 2022, 7:12:21 AM2/5/22
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

that was my fault.

I completely removed the log4j jars from the bundle, not realizing that POI needs at least the log4j-api.jar

You can download it from Maven central:

https://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/lucee/log4j-api/2.17.1/log4j-api-2.17.1.jar

And put it as "log4j-api.jar" into the ext directory.

Regards
Thomas

Gian Luca Teodori

Feb 5, 2022, 7:44:46 AM2/5/22
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Thomas, it worked perfectly.

Regards

Gian Luca

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sql-workbench/2d93dd23-3575-1727-d479-f3f5b00b500d%40sql-workbench.net.