[ANN] Spyder 5.2.1 is released!

Daniel Althviz Moré

Dec 14, 2021, 10:58:59 AM12/14/21
to spyder

Hi all,

On the behalf of the Spyder Project Contributors, I'm pleased to announce that Spyder 5.2.1 has been released and is available for Windows, GNU/Linux and MacOS X: https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/releases

This release comes twenty days after version 5.2.0 and it contains the following important fixes:

  • Prevent Spyder from crashing when selecting an interpreter with an incorrect spyder-kernels version.
  • Optimize several operations in the Editor and IPython Console.

In this release we fixed 18 issues and merged 28 pull requests that amount to more than 115 commits. For a full list of fixes, please see our Changelog.

Don't forget to follow Spyder updates/news on the project's website.

Last, but not least, we welcome any contribution that helps making Spyder an efficient scientific development and computing environment. Join us to help creating your favorite environment!

Enjoy!

Daniel

Stephen P. Molnar

Dec 14, 2021, 9:06:13 PM12/14/21
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
I have installed v-5.2.1 without any warning or error messages.

When I ran the app I got an a missing dependency error:

rtree=>0.9.7

However, when I installed rtree I got a message that it was alredy installed.
--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.
www.molecular-modeling.net

Daniel Althviz Moré

Dec 15, 2021, 10:45:58 AM12/15/21
to spyder
Hi Stephen,

How did you install Spyder? Also, I think this could be related with this issue: https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/issues/14466

This warning message usually happens due to a somehow faulty installation of rtree where there the spatialindex library is missing. As a solution, and depending on your OS, you can try to reinstall rtree or install/make available in your system the missing spatialindex library.

Let us know if the information above helps.

Best regards,

Daniel

Stephen P. Molnar

Dec 16, 2021, 12:01:01 PM12/16/21
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
My first installation used pip. I have discovered that I can eliminate the problems caused by installing with pip by using pipenv with the --pre switch.

All  is now well.