Interactive plots in spyder notebook

Anestis Doutsis

Jan 20, 2023, 3:58:38 PM1/20/23
to spyder
In jupyter notebooks i would use %matplotlib notebook, to obtain a plot where you can zoom in and move in the plot. Using this magic in spyder notebook, results in the following error: "JavaScript output is disabled in JupyterLab".

%matplotlib widget or %matplotlib ipympl return an inline plot of a larger size. However no options to zoom in the plot or move around in it.

Is this behaviour normal? Anything that i can do to have the behaviour as described for jupyter notebooks?

* Spyder version: 5.3.3  (conda)
* Python version: 3.9.12 64-bit
* Qt version: 5.15.2
* PyQt5 version: 5.15.7
* Operating System: Windows 11 (note within spyder OS is stated as Windows 10)

Carlos Córdoba

Jan 20, 2023, 4:03:39 PM1/20/23
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Unfortunately, Spyder-notebook doesn't support the Matplotlib notebook backend right now and we don't know when we'll have time to fix that, sorry.

Cheers,
Carlos

Anest Dhuci

Feb 9, 2023, 8:27:53 PM2/9/23
to spyder
Thanks for the info. In any case, the plugin is much appreciated.

Best,
Anestis