LSP very slow

Moritz Lürig

Nov 1, 2023, 8:20:36 AM11/1/23
to spyder
I just upgraded my project from python 3.7 to 3.9, and, in the process, also updated to the latest spyder version (5.4.5). I noticed that whenever I type something (even in docstring where no code-completion or the like should happen) there is a lag of 1-2 seconds where the cursor doesn't move and my input is delayed, which is annoying as it breaks the flow.

This behavior disappears when I deactive the LSP checkbox, but then none of the basic functions work (code introspection, go-to-file, etc.).

Does anyone else experience similar issues?

Daniel Althviz Moré

Nov 10, 2023, 3:59:17 PM11/10/23
to spyder
Hi,

We recently released Spyder 5.5.0, could it be possible for you to update to that version and check again? Also, could you try to restart the Python language server and see if that helps? For more info on how to do the restart you can check the Spyder docs Common Illnesses page:  Common Illnesses — Spyder 5 documentation (spyder-ide.org)

Let us know if the suggestions help!

Best regards,

Daniel