The new site...

Gambrinus

Oct 24, 2021, 11:43:45 AM10/24/21
to SportsDataBase

As promised, albeit a few weeks late, here's the information on the new site.

I've been working on the new site for several months. I really wanted it ready for week 1, and here we are at week 7. It's worked pretty well since week 1, but there are some lingering issues. Not everything works, but a lot of things work. There are still things to fix, but that will be the case for the foreseeable future. Right now, the NFL and NCAAFB sections work well enough. The NBA is close but not ready. The NHL is probably a month away.

In considering how to proceed, I decided it's better to get the NBA and NHL up and 90% functional rather than fix every last issue with shortcuts in the NFL and NCAAFB. So there are known issues to fix that have been filed as lower priority and will be addressed in due time.

This is the second-to-last post I'll make to this group about the new site. The last post will be soon, and it will state where to post issues about the site or data issues. For now, if something doesn't work, just live with it. I have a testing team that is reporting issues. Be patient.

This group is for the discussion of the use of SDQL. Let's respect that.

Here ya go, enjoy!

GTD.jpg

OffshoreInsiders.com

Oct 25, 2021, 10:28:30 AM10/25/21
to SportsDataBase

Very cool. Great job. Happy to see we are getting NCAAB back!

NikZinger

Oct 25, 2021, 12:01:26 PM10/25/21
to SportsDataBase
Echo Offshore, very appreciative of your efforts. If there is anything I can do to assist, send me an email.

Nik

Message has been deleted

OffshoreInsiders.com

Oct 25, 2021, 3:16:42 PM10/25/21
to SportsDataBase
Will be happy to subscribe, such as with Killer in the past. Not sure who is responsible for updating the data, but would be much more interested if it can get much more timely as it was in the pre s3 days.

johnrya...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2021, 7:36:35 AM10/27/21
to SportsDataBase
great work period. sensational

in the following query, I used the 'grid' to populate a listing on season-to-date offensive stats in CFB. However, it lists the headers over and over for every team making it very hard to see and then even to sort.   How do we eliminate the receptiveness of the headers ?

R(team),R(conference),tS(passing yards+ rushing yards),tS(passing yards),tS(rushing yards),tS(passes),tS(rushes),R(tS(passing yards+rushing yards)/tS(passes+rushes)),tS(points),R(tS(passing yards+rushing yards)/tS(points)),R(grid)@season=2021

Greil Marcus

Oct 30, 2021, 7:50:27 AM10/30/21
to SportsDataBase
Enjoying the new site!
 PS Saved a lot of the old sdql URL's instead of the actual SDQL (eg Team = Yankees and A).

Does anyone have a translator or know how to decode these URLs.

Here's an example  =   http://sportsdatabase.com/ncaafb/query?output=default&sdql=season+%3E%3D2008++and+o%3AWP+%3E60++++and+A+++++and+coach+in+%5B+James+Franklin+%5D+and+line+%3E%3D-3&submit=++S+D+Q+L+%21++

How do I figure out what to plug into the new site

Phoenix Chiropractic Centre Drentlaw

Oct 31, 2021, 1:00:37 AM10/31/21
to sportsd...@googlegroups.com

"Right now, the NFL and NCAAFB sections work well enough."

Am I missing something?

All I get when entering into the college football aspect of killersports is blinking...

 and that is it.

orhane

Oct 31, 2021, 8:13:10 AM10/31/21
to SportsDataBase
Hi all,
I tried to create an account at the new site. is it possible or closed so far?
If I can test some queries with this structure, It would be very helpful.
Great work and awesome project.

ebad...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2021, 8:20:27 AM10/31/21
to sportsd...@googlegroups.com

Top right corner where the person icon is, click it and you will be able to register

Sent from Mail for Windows

orhane

Oct 31, 2021, 12:59:51 PM10/31/21
to SportsDataBase
Thanks for the reply, I tried to register and then log in, but the alert "No User found" came up. And no confirmation email.
Hmm maybe I am doing it wrong.
But thanks for the help :)

Timothy Cate

Oct 31, 2021, 1:43:26 PM10/31/21
to sportsd...@googlegroups.com

Timothy Cate

Oct 31, 2021, 11:01:47 PM10/31/21
to sportsd...@googlegroups.com
make sure your email populates the top line of login info, I noticed Chrome tries auto-filling your name instead,

orhane

Nov 1, 2021, 1:14:20 AM11/1/21
to SportsDataBase

thx hardrock, this solved the problem

JJ 21

Nov 5, 2021, 11:11:40 PM11/5/21
to SportsDataBase
Great work Gambrinus! Can't tell how grateful I am to have SDQL back in the midst of NFL season. Was getting by, using other data sources, but once you've gotten used to the power of SDQL, a lot of the others seem so inferior.

Checked out your new site, too. Tight.

All the best.

Gambrinus

Nov 6, 2021, 10:17:48 AM11/6/21
to SportsDataBase
Thanks, it means a lot coming from you. There's still a lot of work to do. We're chipping away at it one day at a time.

orhane

Nov 6, 2021, 10:51:46 AM11/6/21
to SportsDataBase
Short question beforehand,  canyou elaborate where you got your lines from?
are this closing or opening lines?
thx again you deserve all the praise.

JJ 21

Nov 6, 2021, 11:06:11 AM11/6/21
to SportsDataBase
Anything good in life takes time, and it's usually worth the wait. Keep up the great work sir.

obvio...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2021, 6:14:06 PM12/1/21
to SportsDataBase

Gambrinus,

Could you check the calculation for DPS and DPA for the NBA. Looks like your signs are reversed.

Thanks for all your effort
lawrence

Charlie

Dec 3, 2021, 6:33:04 AM12/3/21
to SportsDataBase
Hello Laurence,

Could you please explain how to calculate DPS and DPA stat? It is not clear for me.

Regards