NCAA FB streaks on a given date not correct?

dean.on...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2021, 11:57:39 AM11/26/21
to SportsDataBase
Hi All,

anyone else notice that an ou streak or ats streak on a given date is not correct when you verify the data for the team?

i.e. "date, team, o:team@date=20211126 and ou streak" would show NMX as a -4

When you verify (i.e. date, team, o:team, ou margin>0@season=2021 and team=NMX), the results don't match.

Joe Meyer

Nov 26, 2021, 6:56:34 PM11/26/21
to sportsdatabase
Dean and SDQL Friends,

Streak is now an SDQL aggregator and this way is preferred over using precalculated values.
That is, don't use 'ou streak', rather for same season streaks use `Streak(ou margin@team and season)`
.
To check for teams on a 4+ O/U streak this season, use the SDQL:
date,team@Streak(ou margin>0@team and season)=4 and season=2021

With SDQL3s new Streak aggregator you can easily find the streak of anything.

best regards,

Joe Meyer
Sports Database LLC

dean.on...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2021, 7:11:59 PM11/27/21
to SportsDataBase
Thanks Joe. Appreciate it. I wasn't aware of that as I didn't see 'Streak' in the list of aggregators in the manual. Good to know.