Compare Total to Average Total For THAT Season

OffshoreInsiders.com

Jan 9, 2022, 8:53:25 PM1/9/22
to SportsDataBase
As scoring goes up, how we'd define high or low totals does too. I know if I do the below calculation, it will tell me games in which the total is 30 point higher than the average total for the entire database. But how would look at games that are 30 points higher than the average total posted THAT season? TIA

total-A(total)>=30

Joe Meyer

Jan 10, 2022, 8:23:52 AM1/10/22
to sportsdatabase
OffshoreInsiders,

Yes, A(total) gives the average total for the entire database.

The SDQL shortcut tA(total) expands out to A(total@team and season) and gives the average total for that team in that season.

From there can you figure out the league-wide average total for that season?
How about for the previous season?

best regards,

Joe Meyer
Sports Database LLC

On Sun, Jan 9, 2022 at 8:53 PM OffshoreInsiders.com <offshore...@gmail.com> wrote:
As scoring goes up, how we'd define high or low totals does too. I know if I do the below calculation, it will tell me games in which the total is 30 point higher than the average total for the entire database. But how would look at games that are 30 points higher than the average total posted THAT season? TIA

total-A(total)>=30

OffshoreInsiders.com

Jan 10, 2022, 9:18:43 AM1/10/22
to SportsDataBase