copy a link set

David Leslie

May 23, 2022, 9:59:15 PM5/23/22
to Spike@School Support
hey there I'm setting up link set for classes can i copy it and put into another class folder?

Brendon Muir

May 23, 2022, 10:00:39 PM5/23/22
to spikea...@googlegroups.com
Hi David, you sure can. In the Construction Zone, click Copy next to the Link Set (once you've finished setting it up), then select its destination. It's a point in time copy so any changes made to the original after that won't come across.

Have a great afternoon! :)

Brendon Muir
Founder | Spike@School

+64 7 959 7200

bre...@spikeatschool.co.nz

www.spikeatschool.co.nz

Spike@School

Level 1, 6 Garden Place, Hamilton 3204

PO Box 303, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand

On Tue, 24 May 2022 at 13:59, David Leslie <dav...@koromatua.school.nz> wrote:
hey there I'm setting up link set for classes can i copy it and put into another class folder?

David Leslie

May 23, 2022, 10:05:46 PM5/23/22
to spikea...@googlegroups.com
sorry i must be blind i see -edit move and delete i cant see move?

Brendon Muir

May 23, 2022, 10:26:51 PM5/23/22
to spikea...@googlegroups.com
Hi David, have you exited the Link Set itself? You need to go back to the folder where the link set is and then you should see the Copy option something like:

image.png

You won't see the Permissions bit as you're not an admin, but Copy should be there :)

Let me know if you still can't see it :D

Cheers,

Brendon Muir
Founder | Spike@School

+64 7 959 7200

bre...@spikeatschool.co.nz

www.spikeatschool.co.nz

Spike@School

Level 1, 6 Garden Place, Hamilton 3204

PO Box 303, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand

David Leslie

May 23, 2022, 10:33:49 PM5/23/22
to spikea...@googlegroups.com
thanks mate sorry to be a pain but this is what i see

link set.PNG

Brendon Muir

May 23, 2022, 10:37:08 PM5/23/22
to spikea...@googlegroups.com
My apologies, it looks like you need to be an administrator to copy things. We can make you an administrator if you can get an existing admin at the school to approve it, or they can make you an admin by clicking Edit next to your account in Users and Groups (while logged in as themselves) and ticking the Administrator box there.

Let me know which way you'd like to go on that one :D

Brendon Muir
Founder | Spike@School

+64 7 959 7200

bre...@spikeatschool.co.nz

www.spikeatschool.co.nz

Spike@School

Level 1, 6 Garden Place, Hamilton 3204

PO Box 303, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand

David Leslie

May 23, 2022, 10:44:56 PM5/23/22
to spikea...@googlegroups.com
all good i will email the bosses now :)