Changing pics on home page

Nick Gage

Sep 19, 2022, 10:11:07 PM9/19/22
to Spike@School Support
Hi,

I would like to change some photos on our home page, but am not too sure how. Am I able to do this myself, or will I need someone from Spike to do this?

Thanks

Nick

Brendon Muir

Sep 19, 2022, 10:14:33 PM9/19/22
to spikea...@googlegroups.com, Natalie Wilson
Hi Nick, the three images further down the page are part of the template. If you want to change those just send them through to me and I'll get that sorted.

For the header slideshow, these can be done by you or us. If you'd like us to do it, just send through about 10 suitable images and we'll do the rest. We charge $50 +GST for the time to do this. Alternatively, Natalie can send you through some instructions on how to do this yourself. It's important that you follow the instructions so as not to upload very large images that will slow down the loading of your site for visitors.

Feel free to get in touch outside of the support forum for your next steps :D

Have a great afternoon! :D

Brendon Muir
Founder | Spike@School

+64 7 959 7200

bre...@spikeatschool.co.nz

www.spikeatschool.co.nz

Spike@School

Level 1, 6 Garden Place, Hamilton 3204

PO Box 303, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand

Nick Gage

Sep 20, 2022, 4:20:08 PM9/20/22
to spikea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brendon,

Thank you for your quick response!

I would like to change the boy playing hockey to the one attached... but I'm just not 100% sure of the quality of the new one. If you think this one is not a good fit, let me know and I can see what I can find.

I have been playing around with the header banner slideshow, and have changed some of those myself yesterday, so I'm ok with doing that - thanks!

Let me know if the new photo is not good enough and I can find another one.

Noho ora mai,

Mr. Nick Gage
Deputy Principal; Year 5 & 6 Teacher
Hunua School
43 Lockwood Road
Hunua RD3
Papakura 2583
Ph: (09) 292 4889 ext 203
1. School Logo.png

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/spikeatschool/CALNSPUTkedMkkxMwQ4ZtEhk85uHAhsmGxYAH2mgOo0v-BSTBtw%40mail.gmail.com.
IMG_5549.JPG

Nick Gage

Sep 20, 2022, 4:39:12 PM9/20/22
to spikea...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Brendon,

Just adding in - can we change the picture behind the vision statement as well please? I'm not sure if any of these photos will be good enough - quality wise... but thought I'd try at least!

Noho ora mai,

Mr. Nick Gage
Deputy Principal; Year 5 & 6 Teacher
Hunua School
43 Lockwood Road
Hunua RD3
Papakura 2583
Ph: (09) 292 4889 ext 203
1. School Logo.png

IMG_1091.JPG
IMG_1152.JPG

Brendon Muir

Sep 20, 2022, 4:41:03 PM9/20/22
to spikea...@googlegroups.com
No worries Nick. I've updated that for you. We have to recompile the template when those images are changed. We can make it user-changeable but I think for the odd change just send it through to me :)

Regarding your slides. You've done a pretty good job, however try to get them to be exactly 1440 × 500 pixels. Generally we resize them to 1440 wide then crop the top and bottom to get to 500 high :)

Have a great week! :)

Brendon Muir