Web administrators

Tracy Thomson

Mar 22, 2020, 4:55:49 PM3/22/20
to Spike@School Support
Hi - I am setting up a home learning page on our site.  I want teachers to be able to load things here themselves if possible.  Do they need to be set up as and Administrator for the entire site to be able to do this or is there another way around this to allow them access to just set up these pages?

Thanks
Tracy

Brendon Muir

Mar 22, 2020, 5:42:13 PM3/22/20
to spikea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tracy, thanks for getting in touch :)

By default, a user (not administrator) in the system can edit any page in the website (but can't change admin settings - E.g. Site Settings, Notifications, and User management).

You can further restrict this by creating Groups for your users. It looks like you already have a couple of groups in the system already. Here's how you'd allow editing only for that new folder you created for your teachers:
  • First ensure your administrators are in one group, and your teachers are in another group.
  • Go to Site Settings and click Home Folder Permissions. Set it so that only your Administrators group have default 'Edit' permissions. Leave View as-is.
  • Now in the Construction Zone click Permissions next to your Home Learning folder. For Edit permissions, select both your Admin group and your Teachers group and click Save.
Now when teachers log in they should see most things greyed out and just the Home Learning folder enabled for editing.

Please let me know if you have any trouble getting this set up :D

Have a great day!

Brendon Muir

Founder | Spike@School

+64 7 959 7200

bre...@spikeatschool.co.nz

www.spikeatschool.co.nz

Spike@School

Level 1, 6 Garden Place, Hamilton 3204 | PO Box 303, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand

Tracy Thomson

Mar 22, 2020, 8:23:04 PM3/22/20
to Spike@School Support
Thank you for your reply.  I have a lot of files to upload.  I have created file sets under year groups.  Is there a quicker way to upload files than one at a time?

Thank you
Tracy

Brendon Muir

Tracy Thomson

Brendon Muir

Mar 22, 2020, 11:11:37 PM3/22/20
to spikea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tracy, just letting you know that you can now upload multiple file by using the Upload Many Files button. It'll name them after the actual file name converting underscores to spaces, so if you name your files well you shouldn't have to do too much editing :)

Please let me know if you need any more assistance.

All the best :)

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/spikeatschool/6fb93a1b-ba1c-41ca-ba5b-ec437c56e8a0%40googlegroups.com.