Photo uploading

Michele Watson

Jun 16, 2020, 5:03:59 PM6/16/20
to Spike@School Support
Hi there

My entire team has had problems with portrait taken photos loading up as landscapes, turing children sideways in the photo.

This was okay in lockdown when we had time to resave each one individually, now we don't. What's the solution please?

Michele

Brendon Muir

Jun 16, 2020, 6:02:26 PM6/16/20
to spikea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michele, thanks for getting in touch.

Could you provide me with some more information regarding when the incorrect rotating happens? (e.g. is it when editing an Easy Page, or a regular Page or uploading to the Image Gallery module?) That'll help me trace down the source of the problem.

Can you also send me through some of the images that exhibit the issue? Do they all come from one particular camera model, if so, could you let me know what that is. If not, is there anything similar about the sources of the images (e.g. similar camera brand etc...).

Sorry for all the questions, but once I know that information I can start tracking down the issue :D

Have a great day!

Brendon Muir

Founder | Spike@School

+64 7 959 7200

bre...@spikeatschool.co.nz

www.spikeatschool.co.nz

Spike@School

Level 1, 6 Garden Place, Hamilton 3204 | PO Box 303, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand

Michele Watson

Jun 17, 2020, 6:09:09 PM6/17/20
to spikea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brendon

The issue seems to occur when we use the photo tabs.... and after discussion with others it seems from our phones, Iphones and Android

image.png

Michele

--
Michele Watson
Room 13 Teacher/Kea Whanau Leader

Ph 09 233 6108
Fax 09 233 6148

Brendon Muir

Michele Watson

Jun 17, 2020, 8:17:11 PM6/17/20
to spikea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brendan

Are the photos in the Screen Shot I sent from my class page okay?

Brendon Muir

Michele Watson

Jun 18, 2020, 3:50:14 PM6/18/20
to spikea...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I meant I would send you the files of what was in the screen shot.

All good - thanks for your support to this issue.

Michele

IMG_5625.JPG
IMG_5630.JPG
IMG_5640.JPG

Brendon Muir

Brendon Muir

Jun 23, 2020, 5:53:45 PM6/23/20
to spikea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michele (sorry for spelling your name wrong in the last email) :)

Just letting you know that I'm currently deploying an update to the Easy Page editor that should fix the issue with photo rotation.

Please let me know if you still experience problems. You may need to clear your browser cache for your website address in order to get the updated editor, but usually fully closing the browser and reopening it will bring down the new version.

Have a great day!

Brendon Muir

Founder | Spike@School

+64 7 959 7200

bre...@spikeatschool.co.nz

www.spikeatschool.co.nz

Spike@School

Level 1, 6 Garden Place, Hamilton 3204 | PO Box 303, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand

School Office

Jun 23, 2020, 6:16:28 PM6/23/20
to spikea...@googlegroups.com
Unsure who this for but we don't have a Michelle at our school

--
Regards
Erin Rauhihi

T: 06 363 8269                         P: 5 Park Street, Foxton, 4814
F: 06 363 5852                         W: www.foxton.school.nz

Brendon Muir

Jun 23, 2020, 6:41:02 PM6/23/20
to spikea...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Erin, that was a reply sent to Michele who posted to our support group. My reply went to all those who are subscribed to the group.

You can unsubscribe by clicking on the link in the footer of this email.

Cheers,

Brendon Muir

Founder | Spike@School

+64 7 959 7200

bre...@spikeatschool.co.nz

www.spikeatschool.co.nz

Spike@School

Level 1, 6 Garden Place, Hamilton 3204 | PO Box 303, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand

School Office

Jun 23, 2020, 7:01:44 PM6/23/20
to spikea...@googlegroups.com