Sphinx-3.0.0b1 released.

Komiya Takeshi

Mar 22, 2020, 11:26:29 AM3/22/20
to sphin...@googlegroups.com, sphinx...@googlegroups.com, python-ann...@python.org
Hi all,

We just released Sphinx-3.0.0b1.
It has many changes including incompatible ones.
Please confirm it working fine on your documents.

In detail, please see CHANGES:
https://github.com/sphinx-doc/sphinx/blob/3.0.x/CHANGES

You can use it with: pip install --pre Sphinx

Since this is a beta release, we expect that you may encounter bugs.
If you find a bug, please file an issue on Github issues:
https://github.com/sphinx-doc/sphinx/issues

Thanks,
Takeshi KOMIYA

Luc Saffre

Mar 24, 2020, 1:44:50 PM3/24/20
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com, Komiya Takeshi, sphin...@googlegroups.com, python-ann...@python.org
I ran it on all my doctrees (more than 20), and the only "problems" were duplicate glossary entries or object definitions, IOW the new version works perfect for me, and better than 2.4-

Thanks for your work!

Luc

Carol Willing

Mar 25, 2020, 10:55:47 AM3/25/20
to sphinx-users
Thanks Sphinx team. The beta is working well on some of the projects that I tried.

Super fast builds now. Great job :D

Terris Linenbach

Mar 25, 2020, 11:07:24 AM3/25/20
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com
Now if only pdf generation worked on OS X again !

On 22.03.20 17:26, Komiya Takeshi wrote:
Hi all,

We just released Sphinx-3.0.0b1.
It has many changes including incompatible ones.
Please confirm it working fine on your documents.

In detail, please see CHANGES:

You can use it with: pip install --pre Sphinx

Since this is a beta release, we expect that you may encounter bugs.
If you find a bug, please file an issue on Github issues:

Terris Linenbach

Senior Software Engineer

Stefano David

Mar 26, 2020, 3:38:51 AM3/26/20
to sphinx-users

On Sunday, 22 March 2020 16:26:29 UTC+1, Komiya Takeshi wrote:
Hi all,

We just released Sphinx-3.0.0b1.
It has many changes including incompatible ones.
Please confirm it working fine on your documents.
Many thanks for your work Takeshi. I am working on a couple of projects, but yet no plan to migrate to 3.0 (but all of them work with 2.4.4). I will try a sample build in a virtualenv during the weekend, and I'll report if there are problems.

Cheers,
Stefano