Documentation on search facilities in sphinx

Tom Diaz

Aug 30, 2021, 10:02:42 AM8/30/21
to sphinx-users
I'm a relative newcomer to sphinx.

What is the best documentation explaining how its standard search facilities work?  I have not found the right information yet, I don't think.

Thanks.

이은옥

Aug 30, 2021, 12:15:14 PM8/30/21
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com
죄송하지만...
저도 코딩 입문 한지 1년도 안 됐습니다 ㅜ ㅜ
학원 선생님 한테... 구박을 너무 받아서 ㅡㅡㅋ
오기로 하는 겁니다 ㅡㅡ;;;
기술적 상술? 그런 도움은 전혀 못 드릴 겁니다 ㅠㅠ
죄송합니다

2021년 8월 30일 (월) 23:02, Tom Diaz <thoma...@gmail.com>님이 작성:
I'm a relative newcomer to sphinx.

What is the best documentation explaining how its standard search facilities work?  I have not found the right information yet, I don't think.

Thanks.

Tom Diaz

Aug 30, 2021, 6:18:15 PM8/30/21
to sphinx-users
Sorry, but I can't read that.  Can anyone translate?

Many thanks,
Tom

Komiya Takeshi

Sep 5, 2021, 12:41:41 PM9/5/21
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no special document for the implementation of
search feature.

It's composed mainly from the two parts:

1. On building HTML document, search feature also builds search-index
(indexing).
2. On search page, the searcher script (JavaScript) loads the
search-index and search the entry using user's input (searching)

What are you interested in? I will try to show you a pointer.

Thanks,
Takeshi KOMIYA

2021年8月30日(月) 23:02 Tom Diaz <thoma...@gmail.com>:

> I'm a relative newcomer to sphinx.
>
> What is the best documentation explaining how its standard search facilities work? I have not found the right information yet, I don't think.
>
> Thanks.

Tom Diaz

Sep 5, 2021, 1:12:01 PM9/5/21
to sphinx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, sir.  I appreciate the answer.

I have a general interest in improving search for our readers.  There is not a specific feature list yet, but probably relevant ranking and other enhancements of the presentation of results, and support for more complex queries and stem searches.

Tom

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "sphinx-users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sphinx-users/CAFmkQAPTNoGPoPe294FZSF-z%2Bg1ZU_O07vJE7XXorjgJCzc%2Bhg%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Thomas R. Díaz

Charles Bouchard-Légaré

Apr 8, 2022, 12:34:28 AM4/8/22
to sphinx-users
Here are a few pointers.  I lack skills to help with what I believe needs the most attention: the presentation of results, but I'm happy to help however I can if we can opensource the result

https://groups.google.com/g/sphinx-users/c/qtLQXDDHbYo/m/HRpCwJAnCAAJ