Precursor Intensity after Comet search

Will Comstock

Sep 16, 2021, 11:11:56 AM9/16/21
to spctools-discuss
Hello,

After Comet searching mzXML files, appending the "Precursor Intensity" column in the pepXML viewer reveals that it contains no values. Is there a way to make Comet retrieve/retain precursor intensities for later use? Would running XPRESS in label-free mode essentially accomplish this? I am using TPP 6.0 for these analyses.

Respectfully,
-Will Comstock

David Shteynberg

Sep 16, 2021, 11:31:43 AM9/16/21
to spctools-discuss
Hi Will,

You can use option -PREC in advanced options for xinteract "Analyze Peptides" results to populate this column.    Alternatively you can run InteractParser with -I flag to get the same values in the pepXML results.

Cheers,
-David

Will Comstock

Sep 16, 2021, 11:47:51 AM9/16/21
to spctools-discuss
Thank you David, exactly what I was looking for!

Best,
-Will