bugged

gmamo...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2015, 9:14:30 AM2/5/15
to spatiocy...@googlegroups.com
error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/ecell3-session-monitor", line 7, in <module>
    import ecell.ecs
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ecell/ecs.py", line 28, in <module>
    import ecell._ecs
ImportError: libecs.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can help?

Satya Arjunan

Feb 5, 2015, 9:49:52 AM2/5/15
to spatiocy...@googlegroups.com
Hi I can help :)

It seems you have installed Spatiocyte under /usr/local directory instead of the default $HOME/root. The problem is that it is unable to look for the libecs.so.2 file under in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Can you confirm if the file is in /usr/local/lib? If so, please add the following line in your ~/.bashrc file if you are using Linux, or ~/.profile if you on Mac OS X:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:.

Let me know if you still have any issues.

satya

gmamo...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2015, 1:55:11 PM2/5/15
to spatiocy...@googlegroups.com
Solved! Thanks in advance!

Satya Arjunan

Feb 5, 2015, 6:50:43 PM2/5/15
to spatiocy...@googlegroups.com
Hi that's great!
FYI, the default installation directory is $HOME/root as given by the install directory prefix in this Linux install script https://github.com/ecell/spatiocyte/blob/master/install-spatiocyte-ubuntu.sh

Let me know if you have any other issues in future.

On 6 February 2015 at 03:55, <gmamo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Solved! Thanks in advance!